You can support the Temple Israel community through donations to various funds as listed below. If you are not sure which fund to choose, please donate to the Temple Israel Fund which supports all of our community’s activities. Please consider making a minimum donation of $18.
Donation cards and donating online
Many people are now buying a supply of cards and sending them out themselves for any and all occasions. Cards will be sent out on your behalf for only $18 each. To buy cards from the office, please send $80 for 10 cards and envelopes.
If you have made a donation through Canada Helps, please tell Sandy or Diane that you have paid online and they will send out a card on your behalf. Donations to regular Temple funds begin at $18, however, you may donate any amount above that.
Sandy Bennett: donationsSB@templeisraelottawa.ca
Diane Parkin: donationsDP@templeisraelottawa.ca
A tax receipt is given for all of your donations. We will list your donations in the bulletin if you wish.
Donate a Leaf
A donation of a Leaf is $180. If you wish to donate a Leaf please contact Executive-Director, Heather Cohen:
Email, Phone: 613.224.1802, ex. 4.
What fund(s) can I donate to?
Temple Israel maintains a number of different funds that support a variety of our programs and activities. The general purpose of each fund is briefly described below. This list is also available in the Temple Bulletin.
- Bernard Pearl Landscaping
– for activities, supplies and plant materials for Temple’s gardens and landscaping
- CCRJ Camp George
– for scholarships to Temple youth to attend the URJ Canadian Camp George in Parry Sound, Muskoka
- Joseph Ginsberg Educational Fund
- Sylvia Goldblatt Youth Scholarship
– to purchase books and other materials for Temple’s library
- Liturgical Resource Library
– to purchase music, music rights and other materials for use by Temple’s music leaders and liturgical choir and to support musical education and programming at Temple
– to provide programming and scholarships for Temple’s outreach programming and to support Temple’s outreach activities
- Pentateuch Prayerbook
– to purchase copies of Temple siddurim (prayerbooks), Torah or other ritual objects
– for the care, maintenance and tuning of Temple’s beautiful baby grand piano
- Potechin Accessibility
- Rabbi Steven Garten Fund for Jewish Living and Education
- Rabbi’s Discretionary
– for activities and support identified at the sole discretion of the Rabbi in support of Temple’s vision and programs (Note: Rabbi is provided with a list of donors and cannot personally benefit from any use of these funds.)
- Dr. Imre Rosenberg Memorial
- Social Action
– for Temple social action (Tikun Olam) activities and programs
- Temple Israel
– for the general use of Temple as determined by the President, Rabbi and Board of Trustees
- Temple Rejuvenation
- Youth Scholarship
– to provide scholarships to assist Temple youth to participate in educational activities related to Jewish education, social action, Israel and other activities related to Temple’s visions and programs. (Note: Temple scholarships do not normally cover full costs of tuition or travel. Additional details about eligibility and other information can be obtained from the Youth Committee who administer the Fund.)