- Palliative Care – article and photos
- In Time of Death and Mourning: A Guide for the Members of Temple Israel Ottawa
- Guidelines When a Jewish Person is to be Buried in a Jewish Cemetery – Information Sheet
- Guide for the Members of Temple Israel Ottawa – Death and Dying Handbook
- Jewish Memorial Gardens – Information Sheet
- Temple Israel Bereavement Support Group – Information
Directions to Jewish Community Cemeteries
Funeral Procession Route from Chevra Kadisha Chapel,
1771 Cuba Avenue, Ottawa
1. Turn right out of Chapel parking lot on Cuba Avenue to Russell Rd.
2. Turn right on Russell Rd. to Othello (1 block)
3. Turn right on Othello, cross Smyth Rd. and proceed to end of Othello at Pleasant Park Rd. (0.7 km)
4. Turn left on Pleasant Park to St. Laurent Rd. (1 block)
5. Turn right on St. Laurent, cross Walkley Rd. and proceed through industrial park to Conroy Rd.
6. Turn left on Conroy Rd.
To Cemetery on Bank Street
7. Proceed on Conroy to Hunt Club Rd. (1.4 km)
8. Turn right on Hunt Club to Albion Rd. (2.4 km)
9. Turn left on Albion to Bank St. (1 block)
10. Turn left on Bank Cemetery (0.4 km on right)
To Cemetery in Osgoode
7. Proceed on Conroy, cross Hunt Club and proceed to Davidson Rd.
8. Turn right on Davidson, cross Bank St. where Davidson becomes Lester Rd.
9. Proceed on Lester to Albion Rd.
10. Turn left on Albion to Mitch Owen Rd. (Route # 8)
11. Turn right on Mitch Owens to Stagecoach Rd. (Route # 25)
12. Proceed on Stagecoach for approx. 6 km to Herbert’s Corner Rd. (keep look-out for cemetery sign!)
13. Turn right on Herbert’s Corner Rd. to Cemetery (0.5 km on right)
Directions from Temple to Jewish Memorial Gardens in Osgoode
Printable directions from Google
1. Head southeast on Prince of Wales Dr toward Maryland Ave., 4.6 km
2. Turn left onto W Hunt Club Rd., 550 m
3. Turn right onto Riverside Dr., 1.6 km
4. Continue onto Limbank Rd., 9.0 km
5. Turn left onto Mitch Owens Rd., 2.2 km
6. Turn right onto Manotick Station Rd.., 6.1 km
7. Turn left onto Herbert Corners Rd., 650 m
Cemetery on left.